Saturday, January 15, 2011

Run # 49

"Believe in yourself, know yourself, deny yourself, and be humble" - John Treacy's four principles of training prior to Los Angeles 84

So last night was chilly (by the time I got home and got ready to go run). So I made the executive decision of going to the gym to run on the treadmill instead. I had a great idea, I'll run a little bit slower and knock out 3 miles minimum and go from there. No need to set time records, just see what I can do and break free of my mental block. Sounds great right? wrong

1st off - getting the treadmill to start isnt fun. Its so slow to have it increase to a speed that you can run to (which I feel is a huge waste of time). Once I get running with my music cranking the shins  start to hurthurt, I keep looking at the distance and then a side cramp starts to make its way in. I keep telling myself I can do it despite my brain telling me otherwise.

I get to 1.8ish miles and the brain tells the body to freak out and it listed - I felt like I was about to die, my whole body hurt and the last .2 seemed to take 20 mins. BUT i finished 2 miles on the treadmill in 20:40 - went got some water - stretched, walked around, did some weights while getting my breathing under control, then decided the treadmill cant beat me and I cant let myself give in either. So I got back on the treadmill and finished out another mile in 9:30. So despite having to break it up I was pretty happy with completing 3.

Results of Run #49
Distance: 3.0 miles (total - 2M + 1M)
Time: 30:10 (20:40 + 9:30)
Pace: 10:03 / mile pace combined

No comments:

Post a Comment