Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Run #21

"You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through" - Rosalynn Carter

Tonight I went to the gym for Core which focuses on maintaining a strong core while we do 3 minutes of strength and 3 minutes of endurance work with heavy and light weights to your choosing. OOh wait backup, prior to class got on the elliptical and did about 28 mins on an interval program and went 2.0 miles. So Core- awesome class, 45 mins long then 15 mins of straight ab work after. I <3 it. Came home, started drinking some chocolate milk (read somewhere chocolate milk after running or workouts is good for you so I'm trying it). B/c i was in workout gear and gross I figured might as well go for a run around the lake again.

Oh boy was it hot outside. While i was at the gym it poured outside so at approx 730 when i went to run it was nice and sticky and hot. Plan was to go around the lake square which is 1.35 and see if I can maintain what I did on monday. Completed the 1.35 and felt pretty good so i kept going and hit 1.5- whoot whoot Im happy.

Results of Run #21
Distance: 1.50 miles
Time: 14:30
Pace: 9:40/mile

*need to really get the garmin charged so i can update my splits - hopefully this weekend as i need to find the charger (oops)

No comments:

Post a Comment