Monday, August 2, 2010

Run # 19

"Jogging is very beneficial. It's good for your legs and feet. It's also good for the ground. It makes it feel needed." - Charles Schultz

So 7am, alarm goes off. Snooze button is pressed. 7:15 alarm goes off - repeat pressing Snooze Button. 7:20 really open eyes and decide I'll get up now and go for a run.
Nothing fancy, just a 'quick' mileish run around lake eola.

In the morning because I'm 1/2 asleep still all I grab is my iPod. I really need to take the Garmin to measure distance - it just takes the darn thing forever to find a satellite.

So get down to the lake - and I think i'm 'jogging' because I'm not dying as I would be on a run. I complete the loop and decide to keep running up to the next intersection. This whole process lasts 3 songs with Britney's "Break the Ice" as my starting song (since I feel i'm breaking the ice on the run since its been a while). Well wow the 3 songs I listened to, total 9:45 - guess i didnt really jog like I thought and I guess I really need to take the garmin to know how far I'm really going. If its 1 mile - not too shabby - if its 1.1 then wow looks like i can say i'm improving.

Results of Run # 19
Distance: 1.0 or maybe 1.1 miles
Time: 9:45

No comments:

Post a Comment