Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Run # 55

"Human beings are made up of flesh and blood, and a miracle fiber called courage" -George Patton

I needed courage today running. The hubby and I stayed the weekend at his parents (aka our weekend getaway house since we 'live in the city') so we got up, took the Kady Monster for a 1 mile walk then decided to go for a run. I've posted before about this, its a great 1.5 mile loop around the neighborhood BUT there are 'hills' - I do not like Florida hills. ---> Kady after her 2.5 miles - she was really tired

Ok ok maybe they arent hills but thats what us natives call them. If you can look down the road and see the road incline or decline, that equals a hill. hahah. They suck! ugh! As usual, we start running and about .1 mile into the run I'm dreading it - the way we go we have to conquer 3 'hills'.

I'm not sure how but we finished - oooh - Brett also used his Garmin 305 I got him for Valentines day. He really likes it - I have the Garmin 310XT that I love for the whole triathlon thing, that I havent done in a while but thats another story, but what I really like is how it tracks your pace instantly. My 310 is a little slow in that area.  I felt like this run was way slow - to my surprise at the end it wasnt. Still trying to figure out how the 305 works so i'll get the splits up soon.

Results of Run #55
Distance: 1.50
Time: 13:31
Pace: 9:00 / mile

No comments:

Post a Comment