Monday, May 16, 2011

Week Overview: May 8-14th

So I've been slacking on the posting. Sorry folks.

Let me give you the rundown of what happened over the past week with well everything

Sunday - 5.05 mile bike ride - 15.8 mph avg
Monday - Nada
Tuesday - 1200 yard swim followed by a 1.5 mile run.  Love some brick workouts.
Wednesday - 3.01 mile run (9:46 pace). This was tough. I had to complete 3, I kept telling myself that. It was hot out for a run at 7pm. I ran new paths and loved it and it helped a lot. For anyone out there who does the 'same ol' routine, change it up its not only fun but helps pass the time and then you dont know where the 'mile' increments are.
Thursday - Recover day
Friday - 2.0 mile run (9:34 pace). After run work - 3rd run for the week making this my 2nd consecutive week in a row running 3x per week.  The highlight of this run was the fact that someone walking on the sidewalk didnt know how to walk in a straight line and at the worst possible moment stepped infront of me. The only thing I could do was slow down making impact not as hard. Well this guy (and no he wasnt a 'regular' guy) wasnt happy and called me a nice name starting with the letter B.
Saturday - Sleep in day and research vacation things :) oh and watch the rain storm that came through.

This month is going great. Though I've noticed with running 3x per week my legs are tight so I've been trying to foam roll a lot and then wear my compression sleves to bed.  I am enjoying running 3x per week, its just a matter of how to fit them into my schedule and not have running with another activity so i'm not worn out.  BUT if you havent noticed I try to make 1 of my runs my 'long' run and at most my long run only goes up .5 of a mile at a time. (example: week 1 long run = 2.5 miles, Week 2 long run = 3.0 miles, week 3 long run = 3.5 miles) and then my other 2 runs are shorter but not drastically shorter.  So far so good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment