Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Run #66

"Mental will is a muscle that needs exercise, just like the muscles of the body." -Lynn Jennings



Tonight was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!! I ran 4 miles. The LONGEST I've ever ran in my life. Once I got home from work things were busy in my house - took the dog for a walk with my BFF - hubby got home with a co-worker and needed me to take them to the Citrus Bowl to go to a soccer game so my running adventure was later than planned.

Last week I ran 3.5 miles - tonight I wanted to do 4. I was hesistant at first. 4 is such a big number. Its not a 5K its .9 miles longer ! It was late - but there were still a decent # of people out around the Lake so I felt somewhat safe.  I figured start out slow - see what happens. So off I went - I stuck to lake eola but ran my big square, then my little square, then around the lake and then a lil more to finish out the 4.  HOLY COW I ran 4 miles!! WOW WOW WOW. I still cant believe it.

Weather was perfect with it being later - I was disgusting though when I finished so I came back home - got the dog and went and walked a mile with her. We are 2 happy ladies tonight.

Results of Run #66
Distance: 4.0 miles
Time: 40:49
Pace: 10:11 / mile
M1 - 10:04
M2 - 10:20
M3 - 10:22
M4 - 9:59

NEW PR!!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome Hollie! Look at your great times too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats! You are going to rock this half marathon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Now that you have done 4...your next goal should be 5 miles then a 10k (6.2 miles) You can do it!

    ReplyDelete