Thursday, October 14, 2010

Run #34


"I just felt like running" - Forrest Gump


Yep, best quote of the day. I totally just felt like running tonight. I did my day 2 of week 2 of the 100 Pushup challenge when I got home and then headed out to go run. I did my usual square and I swear everyone drank the stupid juice today - I had so many people walk infront of me that I swear saw me but whatever.
After the square I usually do the circle around the Lake....but since there were a Ton of people out, I decided to double up on my square. Doing this does 2 things - 1 helps me mentally with running since that is a huge weakness of mine and 2 if I complete 2 I'm doing more than my 2.25 miles.
SOOO complete 2 squares and sneak a peak at the garmin and it says 2.51 miles- UGH so close but so far, and I felt ok so I kept going. I ran .25 then turned around and HOLY GEEZE - the hardest thing I've done in a while is run towards home - it looks so close but its not. Its the worst thing in the world and then I finished the 3.0 mile mark and sprinted to do get my .1 to mark my 5K time.
The last time I Ran a 5K was in April at the Annual IOA 5K which is in Downtown Orlando with 15,000 people! Very very crowded and I didnt record my time. I cant wait to start shaving time of this starting point!
Results of Run #34
Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 31:18
Pace: 10:05 / mile
M1 - 10:38
M2 - 9:36
M3 - 10:12
M4 (.1) - 8:51

No comments:

Post a Comment