Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cycle # 7

Pain is temporary, Quitting lasts forever. - Lance Armstrong

My morning to the tune of Kesha's Tik Tok - hahaha
"wake up in the morning feeling like H.Diddy, Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm going to ride this city. Before I leave brush my teeth with some aquafresh, 'cause when I leave for my morning ride, I'll be right back"

Wow - I cant believe that just happened. Looks like I burned too many calories this morning change a song on the radio to something relevant to my morning.

At the inlaws (where I keep my bike) - and since yesterday I spent all day studying, I decided today I'd get up and go for a ride. Its been a while since I've gone on a ride bymyself and 'really' rode. Not that I dont like riding with Brett, its just his mom's bike he uses isnt really meant for speed (and its not that I'm that fast either but ya know what I mean). SO get all my stuff together, and head out. Do a few loops around the neighborhood since its hilly. Man oh man I forgot about speed and hills - it gets tough!

The worst part about riding out here is the stupid gate - because I'm not a car the stupid strips when you want to leave wont open. Once I got lucky and hit the strip just right and the gate opened (how I did it I have no clue), but today, no such luck. I tried squeezing through the little opening but the bike wouldnt go so I got to catch my breath for 3-5 mins before a car came in through the other gate and gave the weird look at me like what are you doing.

Oh the other negative about riding is coming back home and dealing with traffic lights / cars. I really dont want to get hit so I try to obey the lights but this morning after waiting at 1 light and it not realizing I was there to change, I said forget it there isnt any traffic and turned left on a red light to head home. Good thing there isnt a red light camera. ha ha ha.

Results of Cycle # 7
Distance: 10.72
Time: 39:16
Pace: 16.4 mph
3.42 / mile avg, 3:31 fastest mile

No comments:

Post a Comment