Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cycle #3

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live" - Mark Twain

Had a wonderful late afternoon ride with Brett tonight at his parents. I was laying out and fell asleep because I was woken up by Brett saying "Lets go for a bike ride". He used his mom's bike so that was quite the experience since its kinda like a mountain/beach cruiser hybrid type bike and not a road bike like mine.

Around his parents neighborhood is a 1.4 mile loop. We started out doing that then left and went around the neighborhood next door and then headed back to his parents and completed another 2 loops to hit 10 miles.

Favorite quote of the ride was when Brett said "for ever 1 time you pedal I have to pedal 3 times". hahah - I think we'll start the search of getting him a bike.

I definately can tell a difference in my energy level since its been a week since surgery. We didnt 'kill' it tonight but I'm kinda glad we didnt b/c when we got back I felt like I was going to black out. Its probably because i'm still only eating soft foods (yogurt,apple sauce,carnation instant breakfast, scrambled eggs) and not 'real' meals so food intake isn't like it should be so the fuel engine is at most 1/2 full.

Results of Ride #3
Distance: 10.34 miles
Time: 46:43 mins
Pace: 13.3 mph avg

No comments:

Post a Comment