Sunday, October 18, 2009

Run #7

"Running is real and relatively simple…but it ain't easy".--Mark Will-Weber

Run#7
Date: 10-16-09

Running is anything but easy. Running is probably one of the hardest things I've ever done. I think its the reason why I havent quit....yet. I know I can do this - I just have to keep getting out of the front door and go do it even when I dont want to. I just need to tell my butterflies go away and dont come back but they wont listen.

This week was a very long week in terms of work, so I took off friday to sleep in and recover. Friday afternoon Brett said lets go run - though the initial though was oh lets just stay on the couch catching up on TV, the little voice said no you should really go run. I was all set until Brett said ok we are going to do 3 miles. *GULP* ::stomach twists into knot:: why did he have to say that - now I'm freaking out.

We get outside and I come up with a new path - Brett decides I run too slow for him so hes going to give me a 5 min head start. Ok that works for me so I start running down Robinson to Fern Creek and turn around - thats when I lose it - mentally im done. I can see my condo bldg and visually its so far but not really i'm only a mile from it but the mean person in my head is like quit, stop, stomach cramps up, my calves (which I think Ive injured) really start to hurt but I keep going and eventually have to walk beacuse the pain is just too much. So I walk for a min, start running again saying to myself you can do this and finish out the run for a total of 2 miles.

Results of Run#7
Distance: 2.0 miles
Time: 21:01
Pace: 10:30/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment