Friday, November 12, 2010

Run # 41

"No Pain, No gain" - Athletic Proverb

So its been a while - let me give a quick update. Nov 22 - I take part 1 of the CPA exam. Yep, I'm a nerd. I have a double major in Accounting and Finance and worked at the Big 4 accounting firm Ernst & Young before throwing in the towel after 2.5 years. Its a great company, but its hard to really have a life / see my husband when you're required to work a minimum 55 hours a week January - March (the most hours i put in 1 week was 75 and NO there is no thing as overtime). So anyways, I've come to this point in my life to where I've realized if I want to be respected more / get into a better job I need those 3 little letters. This test is not fun and its 4 parts so Part 1 is 10 days away. YIKES. So doing anything 'fun' like running/exercising has but cut from my normal routine in order to study, study, eat, and study when I get home from work.


BUT - last night I needed a good run. Not sure what was going to happen so I went out later - I'm not a fan of it being dark so soon but whatever. Once I got outside I figured I'd do a mile and go from there - well I 'cheated' and looked at the garmin and I was moving so I figured lets go all out and see how fast I can just do 1 mile. I <3 it. I PR'ed tonight. I am so happy and it felt amazing to go out and run. Tonight - ugh - I wanted to run again but i'm being lazy updating daily mile/ and this blog so tomorrow during a break I'll run or go ride and log some miles :)

Results of Run #41
Distance: 1.00 mile
Time: 9:00
Pace: 9:00 / mile
Previous 1 Mile Record: 9:19

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your mile timed trial. I'm still trying to get under 9 myself. My best is 9:04

    ReplyDelete