Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bikram Yoga - Part 2

So back in January, I posted about my 1st trip to Bikram Orlando. I had a lot of stuff go on since then, so I never had the chance to go back. This past week I received a nice surprise from them via email with a coupon for 50% off their 10 class package.  I'm all about deals so this morning I went for my 1st of 10 classes and had my friend Amanda tag along too.  :)

Ok so some of you may be like me and say I've heard of this Bikram (aka Hot) Yoga, what exactly is it?

Bikram Yoga is a system of yoga that Bikram Choudhury, synthesized from traditional yoga techniques and is practiced in a room heated to 105*F with humidity at 40%.  Bikram claims the heated studio facilitates deeper stretching and injury prevention, while reducing stress and tension (source) 

So you sweat like you wouldnt believe. And its GREAT!
 After going the 1st time I could definately tell that if I were to keep this up, I would be more flexible and today I could tell in some of the 26 positions (that you do during the 90 minute class)that my body was sore from the 5K.  One of the things I enjoy about this is that you dont have to be able to do the positions  in perfect form the 1st time - you do your best and holy moly you will feel it.

Now what lured me the 1st time to go in January was the 'deal' for new students. Your 1st class is $10 at Bikram Orlando and if you go back within 7 days your 2nd class is Free.  Not a bad deal at all.   This is how I lured Amanda to come with me. tee hee hee. So we are going to go back next week.   :)

Now its CPA study Time........Have a great weekend :)





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice review!! Great news. Please come back soon and bring your friends-you will get a referral bonus when you bring a first-timer with you.-Bikram Yoga Orlando

    ReplyDelete