Monday, October 17, 2011

Run # 70

"Ask yourself: 'Can I give more?'. The answer is usually: 'Yes'."
-Paul Tergat, Kenyan professional marathoner
                                                      
Celebration Time!  Yep - a new PR Tonight. You'll never guess what I did........... I ran.......... 6.23 miles. O-M-G! yep for real it happened. I was at my inlaws place and decided to go out for a run, well the loop around the neighborhood is 1.5 miles and I usually run 2 loops, well I knew I wanted to accomplish 3 and told myself I could do it. Well I changed things up some and included running to the entrance of the neighborhood as well. So when I hit the 5 mile mark I knew I could get to 6.2 to have my 1st 10K under my belt! WAHOOOOO!

This was the best run of my life. I felt good, the weather was perfect, mentally i didnt hit the wall. I was, and still am a very happy camper! 1/2 marathon here I come!


In other news - check out Run To The Finish. The 2011 Holiday Bootie Buster challenge is coming up soon. I did it last year and Amanda puts on a great challenge to keep you in shape over the holidays. And the best part is you can win prizes!


Results of Run # 70
Distance: 6.23 miles
Time: 1:03:45
Pace: 10:13 / mile
M1 - 10:06
M2 - 10:29
M3 - 10:20
M4 - 10:20
M5 - 10:12
M6 - 10:13
M7 - 8:56 pace (.23)

2 comments: